Saturday 11 October 2014

VFR Photo scenery

Photo scenery can make a visually delicious flight

VFR Photo Scenery
even though the install software is for Windows & Mac the textures work perfectly under Gnu/Linux


To install I  used play on Linux to run the executable, I also found it easier to copy the contents of the DVDs to my hard drive 1st, but this requires hard drive space for two copies of the data( installed and DVDs)

After installing I noticed that all my runways were unusable anymore, this was fixed by unclicking the "runways follow terrain contours" option in render settings 

While the scenery isn't cheap, you only need either the 1 huge pack or the 4 smaller DVD packs
it is worth following them on http://camelcamelcamel.com/ for a price drop, I got 2 of mine for £6
each. after checking out the "used" section of amazon.

Sadly they only have England and Wales in them.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Google+